11 Best Kerala Weekend Trips for One & Two Days in 2024
Kerala is actual heaven on the earth. This state is very rich in terms of natural resources and that is why it is known as “Gods Own Country”. Visit of this place is once in a lifetime experience that everyone should have. It is among the popular weekend destinations in India.This magnificent state is situated between the breathtaking Western Ghats and the grand Arabian Sea.
The holiday destination has plenty of scenic beauty and fun-filled dream spots. The state has earned the reputation of being beautiful owing to the variety of landscapes like palm fringed beaches in Varkala, the backwaters in Kumarakom the beautiful hills of Munnar and valleys like Thekkady. The commercial cities like Kochi also offer many destinations. Houseboats can also be hired to enjoy backwaters between Alleppey and Kollam. The tourists can also visit the luxury resorts around the popular Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. There are some amazing places to visit in Kerala and to visit these places all you need to do is select the best suitable Kerala tour package and that is it!
Kerala Point of InterestUnlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
The various geographical terrains and out of the world experiences are a must visit for travelers from many cities of India. The state offers many luxury resorts, retreats and beach destination for all kinds of tourists. If you are living any neighboring state of Kerala and planning your weekend trip to Kerala then here is the detailed guide of custom tour itinerary, locations, how to reach and many other details. It is a great weekend getaway from certain locations and below is the details of the best weekend trips to Kerala:
Top 11 Weekend Trips to Kerala:
1. Bangalore to Kerala – Plan the Coolest Road Trip from Bangalore to Munnar by Car
This Kerala tour itinerary from Bangalore is of 2 Nights & 3 Days Trip. The trip begins from Kochi then drive towards Munnar. After a day’s stay, move towards Alleppey and ends at Kochi.
Places to visit in Munnar:
Munnar is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Kerala. Also it is said that the Munnar is a “Piece of Heaven on Earth”. Following are some best Places to visit in Munnar which makes you believe that Munnar is truly a heaven on earth. You can plan your trip from Bangalore to Munnar by car as well.
- Top Station: The highest point in Munnar (1700 m) located at Munnar-Kodaikanal road.
- Mattupetty Dam: The marvelous gravity dam built with concrete. It has been built in the beautiful mountains of Kerala which ensures a marvelous view.
- Tea Factory: This is a prodigious spot in the high ranges of Munnar.The process of teamaking can be observed here.
- Eravikulam National Park: Popular for the indigenous Nilgiri Tahr, this is a scenic spot in the Nilgiri ranges of Kerala.
- PothenmeduSun Set View: A lofty cliff explicitly the entrance to Munnar, gives a scenic view to behold.
- Chinnakanal Tea Plantation: A popular village in Kerala that offers picturesque views of waterfalls and tea plantations.
- Lock Heart Gap: A renowned viewpoint that offers a spectacular view of surrounding valleys
The unique attraction of this trip is the one night stay in the Houseboats on the mesmerizing Alleppey backwaters.
2. Chennai to Kerala:
The weekend trip from Chennai to Kerala is of 1 Night & 2 Days Trip. The trip starts from Kochi then drive towards Alleppey and ends at Kochi. It’s very short weekend trip where you gonna have chance to relax your self by staying in luxurious houseboats.
The places that are covered in these 2 days are Alappuzha beach, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Krishnapuram Palace, Pallippuram and Vembanad Lake. All this mentions places are the primary tourist attractions of Kerala. So what are you waiting for plan your one of the best weekend trips just take Chennai to Kerala flight and enjoy the weekends.Unlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
The distinctive thing of this trip is one night keep within the Houseboats on the hypnotic Alleppey backwaters.
3. Kodaikanal to Kerala – Perfect Weekend Getaways from Kodaikanal
Kodaikanal is known as Princess of hill station. Visit of Kerala from Kodaikanal is like visit from one heavenly place to another. As this is a weekend trip it is a 1 Night & 2 Days Kerala Trip. The trip starts from Kochi then drive towards Kumarakom and ends at Kochi.
Best places to Visit in Kumarakom:
Kumarakom is the beautiful village of Kerala situated on Vembanad lake. There are some amazing places to visit in Kumarakom. Below are the Best tourist attraction in Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary – This is a popular bird sanctuary located on the banks of the Vembanad Lake.
- Vembanad Lake – The longest lake in India in the Sundarbans of Kerala.
- Kumarakom Beach – A popular beach destination that has many water activities and enchanting beauty
The main charm of this trip is the one night stay in the Kumarakom. There are various luxurious resorts with pool villa also it is an amazing experience to have night stay at Kumarakom Houseboat as well.
4. Mysore to Kerala – One of the Best Weekend Destination from Mysore
Mysore is the third largest city of Karnataka and one of the nearest city form Kerala. Journey from Mysore to Kerala is about 5 to 6 hours. Kerala is the perfect weekend getaway from Mysore. This would be a 2 Night & 3 Days Kerala Trip.
The trip starts at Kochi then drive towards Thekkady – A beautiful hill station, post rest and one day’s sightseeing, drive towards Alleppey. The trip ends at Kochi.
Places to visit in Thekkady:
Thekkady is very famous for it’s wildlife, nilgiri langurs and spices. There are some places to visit in Thekkady which are the major tourist attraction of Thekkady
- Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary– A mountainous tiger reserve in Kerala, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is nestled in the Western Ghats amidst scenic views and natural fauna.
- Periyar Lake– The longest river of Kerala that offers exciting boat rides and scenic outings.
- Tea And Spices Plantation – Kumily is the spice center of Kerala which has beautiful spice gardens and tea plantations.
- Mangala Devi Temple– This is a historic temple located in the scenic forests of Periyar and offers an amazing view of the mountains.
The most appealing thing of this trip is the one night stay at Thekkady, the biggest jungle destination of Kerala and the other night in the houseboats on the Kumarakom backwaters which is one of the best place to spend a night with family at Kerala backwaters
5. Andhra Pradesh to Kerala – Best Places to Visit in Weekend
Andhra Pradesh is very religious state of India and also this state is famous for it’s mythological and historical legacy. Journey from Andhra pradesh to Kerala is very short but very unique and refreshing. You can plan a 1 Night and 2 Days Trip from Andhra Pradesh.
The trip starts at Trivandrum then drive towards Kovalam for a day’s sightseeing and ends at Trivandrum.
Best tourist places to visit in Kovalam:
Kovalam is very well-known for it’s beautiful beaches in Kerala. There are other most attractive places to visit in Kovalam as well which are described in detail as below.
- Light House Beach– One of the prime attractions of Kovalam, this beach is a great destination for a fun outing amidst scenic views.
- Hawa Beach– A quiet and serene beach in Kovalam ideal for spending time with family or friends.
- Samudra Beach– Another exciting beach in Kovalam with many water activities to enjoy.
- Kovalam Art Gallery–A highlight for art lovers, this art gallery is an important art destination that has many historic paintings.
The unique attraction of this trip is the one night stay in the small coastal town of Kovalam. Also there are some luxurious five star hotels and resorts in Kovalam where you can enjoy some hospitality and relax yourself.
6. Coimbatore to Kerala – A Fascinating Trip from Coimbatore to Kochi
Coimbatore is the nearest places from Kerala. The distance between Kerala and Coimbatore is 102 kms. You can also plan a short 1 Night & 2 Days trip to Kerala from Coimbatore. The trip starts at Kochi and night stay at Houseboat on the Alleppey backwaters and ends at Kochi.
The major attraction of this trip is the one night stay in the Houseboats on the mind blowing Alleppey backwaters. This refreshing weekend trip will give you a best refreshing start to your week and you can get back to your work new enthusiasm.
7. Madurai to Kerala – Among The Best Short Weekend Trips to Kerala
Madurai is situated on the Vaigai River in the spiritual Tamil Nadu. This place is very well known for energy and spirituality. This trip can be the perfect short 1 Night & 2 Days weekend trip to Kerala.
The trip starts at Kochi and night stay at Houseboat in Thekkady. The trip ends at Kochi.
The unique attraction of this trip is the one night stay at Thekkady, the biggest jungle destination of Kerala. Also there are various things to buy in Kerala but if you visited Thekkady and haven’t take back spices from Thekkady, your journey would not be completed then.
8. Mangalore to Kerala – Best Romantic Weekend Destination for Couples.
Mangalore is officially known as Mangaluru and it is the chief port city of Karnataka. Kerala is most amazing and best getaway form Mangalore for short weekend trip of 2 Nights and 3 Days.
The trip starts from Kochi then drive towards Munnar. After a day’s stay, move towards Thekkady for a day and the trip ends at Kochi.
The unique attraction of this trip is the one night stay at the scenic hill station of Munnar and other night stay at Thekkady, the biggest jungle destination of Kerala.
9. Pondicherry to Kerala
There are some amazing places to visit in Pondicherry stone beach, white town, matrimandir and aurobinda aashramam. But if you wanted to know about the best weekend getaway then I would recommend a 2 Night & 3 Days trip to Kerala. This would be the mesmerizing weekend trip.
The trip starts from Pondicherry then drive towards Kumarakom, after spending a night at Kumarakom and other night at a Houseboat. It ends after a visit at the Cherai Beach
The unique attraction of this trip is the one-night stay at Kumarakom and the other night’s stay at Houseboat in Kumarakom. The visit to Cherai beach is also a memorable part of the trip.
10. Ooty to Kerala
Its biggest waterfall is Athirappilly’s claim to fame. In addition to its stunning scenery due to its location in the Vazhachal forest division, the Chalakudi river and a couple of water theme parks, Athirapally tour is a memorable trip for tourists. This weekend vacation spot is idle due to all of these reasons.
The trip starts from Ooty and then drives towards Athirapally, after spending a day at Athirapally, Charpa Waterfalls, and Vazhachal falls and then It ends after a visit at Thumboormuzhi Dam and Garden
11. Goa to Kerala – Most Relaxing Getaways from Goa
Goa is the most attractive and adventurous tourist place in India. It is the always on the top of the places to visit in India. But if you are in Goa and wanted to visit some another place then Kerala is the best option to explore in a long weekend. You can plan your 2 Night & 3 Days Kerala Trip.
The trip starts from Calicut from there a drive to Wayanad, after a day’s stay, travel to Vythiri and the trip is wound up at Calicut.
Best places to visit in Wayanad:
Wayanad is another beautiful hill station of Kerala. Not only hill but it is also very famous for it’s wildlife sanctuary and waterfalls. There are some amazing places to visit in Wayanad described as below.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary – A sanctuary located between four mountain ranges with wild animals like elephants, Indian Bison, Tigers and Deer.
- Pookot Lake – A serene lake located between evergreen forests and slopes of Vythiri.
- Lakkidi View Point– A lookout point located amidst valley views in one side and scenic mountains on the other.
- Banasura Hills – One of the tallest mountains of Western Ghats with a peak of 2000 m.
- Meenamutty Waterfall – The three tiered waterfalls is located at a height of 300 m and tourists also enjoy a great hike at the spot.
The unique attraction of this trip is the one night stay at the hill station of Wayanad and other night’s stay at Houseboat at the small and enchanting town of Vythiri.
Pack Your Bags
There are a couple of long weekends approaching from August to October 2019. You have plenty of options in-hand now. Plan the best weekend trip to Kerala and explore some best places to visit in Kerala.
Happy Weekend! #weekendkawow